Roofing Evaluations and Repair Drawings
Ideally in the Chicago area, roofing should be inspected twice each year:
- Roof interior drains, scuppers, and downspouts should be inspected to ensure that they are free-flowing and not clogged.
- The field of the roof should be visually checked for splits, fish mouths, and punctures.
- The general condition of the roofing should be observed to see if it is exhibiting signs of premature wear or deterioration.
The consequences of the roofing deficiencies are:
- the growth of algae/vegetation
- penetration of moisture through the roofing system
- damage to the roof surface by the freeze-and-thaw cycles
- damages to the interior finishes
- health hazards for the residents
- deterioration of the roofing membrane
Window Evaluations and Repair Drawings
Windows are responsible for up to thirty percent (30%) of the annual energy consumed in a residential unit!
Critical issues to be considered in decisions related to repairing or replacing windows include:
- physical operability
- energy efficiency
- market value
Garage Evaluation and Repair Drawings
A waterproofing system for a garage will protect the exposed concrete elements from spalling and deterioration caused by snow de-icing agents, carbonation, etc. and will reduce the amount of concrete repairs required in the future.
Maxima's technical staff have extensive experience with a wide range of roof, window, and garage systems and have successfully completed repair and replacement projects.
Contact Maxima today to discuss how they can assist with your project or
schedule a free one-hour consultation.